The North Tillamook Library, located in downtown Manzanita, has been providing residents and visitors with library materials, educational programs, and services for 30 years.
- Read books, borrow books
- Read newspapers and magazines
- Check out videos and audiobooks
- Use our free Wi-Fi ( every day 24/7 )
- Need a computer? Use one of ours for free
- Get help with internet or research questions
- Sign up for and enjoy free classes … new ones all the time
- Listen to and watch presentations and music performances
- Download TV shows, e-books, music albums, magazines and movies for free
- Browse free publications (local area attractions, tax guides, etc.)
- Bring the kids to story-time and craft classes
- Ask a question … any question!
You can access the Tillamook member libraries, order books, and videos online from any branch library, use Hoopla to download e-resources, get information about classes at all library locations, and more.
Here are some Library How-To’s...
EXTRA! EXTRA! Read the Oregonian…
The Tillamook County Library now has The Oregonian newspaper available online for Library cardholders. Yes, you can read and/or download the entire paper just as it appears in print. It takes more than a few clicks to get there, but it’s so worth it !
Go to the Tillamook County Library website: http://tillabook.org/
On the Homepage, click the E-Resources tab, then click Databases.
Once on the Databases page, scroll under “Category” and click Magazines and Newspapers
Now you’ll look to the right under “Databases” and click The Oregonian Collection
Under “Details” click the box “Go to Database”
Now you will be on a new page with 4 choices; click the second one from the top “Oregonian, The (Portland, OR). If you look to the right under “Format,” you’ll see that it says “Image”
On this page, click the date of the paper that you want. From here you can navigate through the paper, choose a particular page or article, print, or download.
Hoopla is the Library’s collection of digital media…
thousands of streaming movies, television shows, audiobooks, ebooks, comics, and full music albums.
Hoopla Digital items are available instantly without waiting on a hold list and can be streamed on most modern web browsers or downloaded to the app for use on the go. You can check out movies and TV shows for 3 days, Music albums for 7 days, and ebooks, audiobooks, and comics for 21 days. The service is limited to 4 items checked out per person, per calendar month.
Here’s how to get started borrowing digital media…
- You will need to register for a hoopla account by visiting hoopladigital.com, or by using our mobile app on your iOS or Android device. You will need to provide an e-mail address, create a password, and have your library account information ready. Our free mobile app can be found in the App Store and the Google Play store.
- Easily browse titles on your computer or mobile device by clicking “Browse All” on the format (Music, Movies, Audiobooks, eBooks, Comics, and Television) you would like to search. You can also search for a specific title by clicking on the Search box or the magnifying glass and typing in your title(s) or keyword.
- To borrow a title, click on the title and then click the Borrow button. Your borrowed titles can be played right after borrowing. They are found under the My Titles menu for viewing/listening. Enjoy your selected titles!
- Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending period is over. There are no holds, waitlists, or late fees for any of hoopla’s content.
- If you need additional help, visit the help section on our mobile app, or click on the Help link found at the bottom of hoopladigital.com.
Need to get something printed?
Print from your laptop or desktop at home or at work:
- Visit Tillabook.org or click here
- Select “North Tillamook Library at Manzanita” from the list of branch libraries (on the right side of the page).
- Enter your email address
- Browse your computer to find and select the file to be printed
- Click the green print icon (you will see the status of your print job and a reference number.
Print from your Tablet or Smartphone:
- Visit your device’s app store and install the PrinterOn App. Launch it.
- Click “No Printer Selected.”
- Click “Search” and look for Tillamook.
- Find the North Tillamook Library at Manzanita link
- To print a document, click in the upper right corner and upload the document to the PrinterOn App.
- To print a photo, open the App, click on “Photo” and select a photo to print
- Select the printer and click the Print icon.
- Enter an email address and click on the checkmark (you’ll get a notice that the job has started and then another message when it is finished (“Job Success”)
Pick up your printed document:
- At the Print Release Station in the Library, select “Release a Print Job”
- Enter the email address you supplied and select your print job.
As always, the Librarians will help you if you have questions about this process.
Feel Like Watching a Movie?
Stream now for FREE with the new Library streaming service called “Kanopy.”
Choose from more than 30,000 films for free. Everything is on-demand, right from your own computer, smart TV, mobile device or tablet. All you need is your library card and you can start streaming instantly. No waiting for films — make a selection and it immediately begins playing. View your movie as many times as you want for three days.
You can stream as many as six movies a month and the app will keep track of how many films you have left for the month. Plus, your progress on each film will be saved if you can’t watch it all in one sitting. The app will also create a watchlist for you to track what movies you want to see next.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
Sign up for the app now
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Our Library is the result of an enormous community effort to finance the construction of the building through a unique public-private partnership with the Tillamook County Library. The North Tillamook Library Friends own and maintain the building, while the Tillamook County Library provides books, digital media, and staff.
North Tillamook Library Friends is an all-volunteer organization and offers many ways to get involved in Library activities. Read more about the Friends of the Library …. we hope you will join us!